Saturday, March 22, 2014

Barefoot Bryan From Austin. The Final. PART SIX

"Well brother, is it okay if we pray with you?"  I said.
"Sure man, that's okay."

We all stepped a little bit closer.  I prayed for healing and for a home, a place to live, for a job, for protection, for blessings, for prosperity, and some other stuff.  We all opened our eyes and looked around.

"You're our brother man.  We're all brothers."  I said.  "And I love you Bryan, you are my brother, man."
"Yea, we're brothers."  Bryan said.
"So what's the deal, man?  What are you up to tonight?"  I asked.
"I'm just trying to find a blanket or something so I can go to sleep.  It's getting cold out here."  
"Well man, I don't have a blanket or anything but you can have my shirt.  This thing is pretty warm."  I started to take off my flannel shirt.
"Yea man, really?  Sure."

I took of my flannel and handed it to Bryan, I had a thin t-shirt on underneath anyways.
Bryan started putting the shirt on and buttoning it.  It looked better on him.

"It looks good on you, man."  I said.

Bryan looked down at the shirt and looked back up.  He had this smile, he smiled out of the right corner of his mouth and when he smiled his eyes stopped blinking for that brief moment.  He almost resembled a younger Jim Carrey, only bald.

"Shaba cornpattyshdfkrn bhaninnytitorowend shoobapootybugndgfskehdfh.  I just blessed you all in the Spirit."  Bryan said.

"Thank man.  Well, we've got to get running Bryan.  Stay safe man, we're praying for you.  We love you brother."  I said.

We all shook his hand and walked a few steps away.

"Hold on, man.  Now it's my turn."  Jon-Paul said and ran back to where a little asian woman had been crouched down and sitting in the corner of the homeless shelter.  She had a small bed sheet wrapped around herself and she was shaking the whole time we were talking to Bryan.  Jon-Paul leaned down and started talking to her.  She didn't seem to respond to him.  He asked if he could pray with her and if there was anything he could give her.  She never moved or said a word.  He prayed a quick prayer and joined Nathan and I and we wall walked back towards the heart of Sixth.  We couldn't decide what we wanted to do, nothing seemed right but we also knew we didn't want to go back home just yet.  We ended up just walking around for a bit, watching people walk by in their drunkenness.  There was one guy walking down the middle of Sixth with a massive rolled up J smoking down his weed.  

We ended up standing in the middle of Sixth at some intersection, arms crossed, just looking around, not saying anything about anything.  We stood there for at least fifteen minutes.

"I want to go back to the homeless shelter."  Jon-Paul said.  Nathan and I agreed with him but none of us moved from where we were standing.  Finally we decided to head back to the car and drive home.

It was after we all got home and I was in my bed, looking at my phone, that Jon-Paul text me and Nathan and told us about the drunk driver.  A man who was drunk was trying to drive away from the cops and he drove right into a crowd of people, killing two and injuring twenty-two.  That happened just around the block from where we were standing and it happened minutes after we walked to the car.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment